The mandate of The Burlington Historical Society Archives is to collect and preserve paper records and photographs related to the people and places of Burlington, from about 1780 to the present time and to make them available to the public at large.
The collection is managed and interpreted by volunteer BHS members. We do not charge for our assistance. However, in consideration of the time and effort involved, we do welcome cash donations. All such donations go to conservation of the collection.
For more than 25 years, the Burlington Historical Society (BHS) has been housed in the History Room, 2nd floor of the Central branch of the Burlington Public Library. The secured room, holds the Burlington Public Library local history collection and the BHS archives.